DISCOVERY welcomes Sid the Science Kid from September 22, 2018 – January 21, 2019!
Sid the Science Kid – The Super-Duper Exhibit! Encourages kids to think, talk and work the way scientists do by building on children’s natural curiosity about the world.
This new exhibit brings the PBS KIDS TV show Sid the Science Kid to life as students:
- Get hands-on with simple machines, just like Sid does in the show, as you send stuffed animals up into a tree house with the help of a pulley and use a toy shovel as a lever to catapult toys into a toy box.
- Explore friction as you slide a block down different surfaces.
- Discover the effects of inertia, like Sid and his friends do, while giving stuffed animals a ride on a skateboard.
- Like shown on an episode of Sid the Science Kid, test the elasticity of different balls by bouncing them from the top of a play set.
- Sing and dance in the playground and participate in “Good Laughternoon” like Sid and his friends do on the show.
- Take a survey, explore the senses and simple machines, use real science tools and create journals to record.
Sid the Science Kid: The Super-Duper Exhibit! Created by The Magic House® in collaboration with The Jim Henson Company.
This exhibit is generously sponsored by pediped® Footwear and our local Entercom affiliates.